Saturday, March 28, 2015

A Coffee Lover's Guide to Los Angeles!




This past year, I've been coffee shop hopping a lot with my friends, and people are always asking about the places I go to. So I thought it would be a perfect idea to make a little coffee guide for fun! These are some of the shops that I've gone to (with an exception for a couple) located in LA. Of course there's a lot more than the ones I've listed here, but these are the more popular ones. I've also listed my favorite locations:

Peddler's Fork & 10 Speed Coffee 
This place doubles as a restaurant and coffee shop. It's a hidden little spot in Calabasas. It's a little farther away from everything else on the list, but it's close to my house! The first time I went here, it was a rainy day and I just wanted to get out and do some homework. I really like their vanilla latte. They sell juice and other coffee as well. If you're only grabbing coffee from 10 Speed, there's seating available outside, where there's also a nice bike shop for all the local cyclists. It can get a little loud when there's a lot of people eating at the restaurant, but on a slow day, it's a nice place to sit and do work. They have parking available on the street, but it can get pretty packed on Calabasas Road, so there is also valet parking available. They also have free wifi! 


Philz
This shop first originated in SF, but now they have a location in Santa Monica. They're known for their mint mojito iced coffee! I've also tried their Ginger Snap, and it's really delicious as well. It has a really bold flavor, with a kick of gingerbread taste. This shop is only a couple minutes away from Third Street Promenade, so there's a lot of other places to see around the area too. Parking is on the street, or you could park in one of the Santa Monica lots, which are usually free for the first 90 minutes. 


TOMS Flagship
As most people know, TOMS is known for their infamous slip ons. Their flagship store is one of the cutest shops I've ever seen! It's located on Abbot Kinney in Venice, in the middle of all the other independent stores and restaurants. Originally, I didn't know that they sold coffee. I just got a drip, but it was still yummy. They host a lot of events at the store, such as yoga and coffee workshops! They have an outdoor lounge area in the back, where many people just stop by to sit and chat. They have a lot of comfortable seating. And of course, they sell a lot of their products such as shoes, accessories, and clothing. Lots of free parking on the street, unless you go on a busy day. 


Stumptown
Stumptown is located in Downtown LA's Arts District, down the street from Blue Bottle and Urth. I really love their bottle/boxed cold brews. Their made to perfection, you don't even need to add anything else to it! And if you know me, you'll know that I put A LOT of sugar in my coffee. The location is really pretty, but seating is a little limited if you want to stay there. You can even see the giant machines they used to make their coffee beans in the back! Parking is on the street, unless you get lucky in one of the Arts District lots. 


Verve
This is one of the newest spots in Downtown, and it's been getting a lot of attention lately. It's a beautiful space. A lot of indoor AND outdoor seating, and a lot of greenery that makes the shop feel so welcoming. I really like their cold brew. They also sell "Juice Served Here" and even offer a flight (which is a juice sampler) for $8. It's been pretty busy lately because of how new it is, so it gets pretty packed in terms of seating. Parking is really difficult around downtown, so chances are you're going to be walking from your initial parking spot.


Alfred 
I love Alfred! They have 3 locations - 2 on Melrose, and their newest location in Brentwood. They're really known for their espresso cones, and for their black and white tiles in their Alley location. On yelp, they offer free coffee with every check in! So I usually just grab that unless I'm trying something else. Their Coffee & Kitchen location gets really packed, so it's usually loud and it's a little hard to work on anything. They offer seating outside and inside as well. It's street parking for all of their locations. 




Thanks for reading, and goodluck on your coffee adventures! xx

Special thanks to @hyawnnie, @monicais, @kseniacold, @thetastingproject, @d.vanne, @peter_queen, @jeffreeeyte, @rrmlaa, @alexleiphart, @ohmaddirose, @cchristinellee, @ashtianah, and @caitlinntayy for their sweet IG pics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment